Platform requirements vary for each website. AWS platform caters to the variety of needs as per requirements. Depending on the platform (Java, Ruby, PHP, Node.js, .NET) selected, AWS provides the respective SDK. Your preferred Content Management System (CMS) – WordPress, Drupal, Typo3, DotNetNuke, etc. are all available and seamlessly integrate.
Amazon Glacier, a part of the AWS offering, provides an affordable long term storage solution. This eliminates the need for expensive tape backup mechanisms. Data transmission is done over SSL and encryption is is completed using 256 bit encryption keys. As an added security layer, AWS has an Identity and Access Management (IAM) service. This service manages and controls how you access your data, who can access your data, services and resources.
Amazon has a global Content Delivery Network (CDN) called Amazon CloudFront. This delivers data, videos, applications, API, etc to the end users at high transfer speeds and low latency. Listed below are some of the benefits of using Amazon CloudFront.
- Global Growing Network – this is built on the expanding global AWS Infrastructure that has its presence in 21 countries and 48 cities as of today.
- Secure Content at the Edge – Security is an inbuilt feature of this CDN at network level and application level. This setup is compliant with HIPAA, PCI, DSS and ISO to maintain its trustworthiness across geographies.
- Deep Integration with Key AWS Services – This is deeply interwoven with other Amazon services viz.,
- High Performance – Amazon CloudFront is designed, built and optimized for high data transfer speeds across geographies.
- Cost Effective – Like other cloud services within and outside Amazon, there are no upfront costs, no fixed platform fees, no long term commitments, no price fluctuations depending on content. You pay only for the data transfer for content delivery.
- Easy to Use – The AWS Management Console allows you to easily manage and monitor Amazon CloudFront features.